- RB Leipzig has a successful record against the Fuggerstädter ahead of Saturday's match (3:30 p.m./Sky) in the Bundesliga against FC Augsburg. In 14 first-division duels, there has been only one defeat. While the Saxons most recently convinced with a 3-0 win at Union Berlin, the Augsburgs are still waiting for their first win after three matchdays.
- In Leipzig, FCA picked up only one point in seven league games - 0-0 in 2019.
- After the injuries to Amadou Haidara (muscle bundle tear calf) and newcomer El Chadaille Bitshiabu (inner ligament tear), as well as Dani Olmo and Willi Orban (both knee) returned from international matches, head coach Marco Rose is forced to reshuffle.
- The crucial question will be: Who plays for defensive chief Orban in central defense. For this, Lukas Klostermann and also newcomer Castello Lukeba, who played the role next to Mohamed Simakan in the French U21s, come into question.
- For Timo Werner, who has been without a competitive goal for 726 minutes, FCA could be a good build-up opponent. After all, he turned the game around in April with a top performance: first he set up Kevin Kampl for the equalizer, then he fired RB to a 3-2 victory with a brace.
Copyright 2023, dpa (www.dpa.de). All rights reserved