Logo Die Sachsen News
News / Sports

Dynamo Dresden narrowly fails in DFB Cup against Darmstadt 98

Dynamo Dresden narrowly fails in DFB Cup against Darmstadt 98
The Dresden supporters marched from the main station to the stadium / Photo: Robert Michael/dpa
From: DieSachsen News
The cup defeat against Darmstadt is bitter for Dynamo Dresden. Nevertheless, the team is gaining confidence for the championship.

The grief at Dynamo Dresden was limited. Neither the coach nor the players, let alone the vast majority of the 30,070 fans, had any regrets after the 2:3 (0:0, 2:2) defeat to Darmstadt 98 in the second round of the DFB Cup. The third division team's performance against the relegated Bundesliga side was too good.

"It was actually a perfect evening," said Dynamo defender Claudio Kammerknecht. But only actually. "It was a great game with the 2:2 in the last minute of stoppage time. And then we get the shitty counter-attack," said Kammerknecht. The 2:3 through Isac Lidberg (98') was the final blow.

More from this category

Lemmer player of the match

"I'm really proud," said Dynamo's two-time goalscorer Jakob Lemmer, who put a lot of pressure on the team after coming on as a substitute and was named player of the match. "It was great to first equalize at 1:1 and then score again. The powerful shot was from the gut after I had previously failed with a shot," said Lemmer.

The team now wants to carry the performance over into the matches. And the next tough test awaits Dynamo in Ingolstadt on Saturday. "We will now regenerate and then perform well again. We are in top physical condition and have a large squad. The lads will get something going in Ingolstadt," said captain Niklas Hauptmann, who will be suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card.

Copyright 2024, dpa (www.dpa.de). All rights reserved

The translations are automated with the help of AI. We look forward to your feedback and your help in improving our multilingual service. Write to us at: language@diesachsen.com.
Sachsen News
Article from

Sachsen News

Sachsen News is responsible for the content itself. The platform's code of conduct applies. The platform checks and treats content in accordance with the legal requirements, in particular the NetzDG.

Social Media